The Power of Video Marketing
Video, the most engaging type of content available in today’s world. Considering today’s population we have the shortest attention spans, the fastest streaming internet speeds, and unlimited data. Video is everywhere and it can not be ignored.
Video is here, and it’s here to stay. That is why companies need a video marketing strategy. It has been one role of an overall marketing plan. But in today's society, video has to be the central role in intriguing consumers.
According to HubSpot research, 54% of consumers want to see videos from brands they support in comparison to email newsletters (46%) or social image (41%) based content. We also found that video content was the most memorable (43%) in comparison to text (18%) and images (36%).
Why is video content such a major draw in our society today?
Videos convey your message quickly. Videos can get right to the point better than any other media or content structure. Key information with the touch of a button.
Graphics, animation and examples entice our short attention spans. In a world of so many brilliant people, we’ve never been so dull and impatient. Social media, mobile devices and other channels seem to distract so easily.
Google loves videos. Google is king in today’s internet world. And because of the rules Google has come out with, websites that demonstrate good video practices usually rank higher in google searches and receive more relevant traffic as a result. Videos not only enhance the user experience, but they draw more viewers.
Proving the impact of video dominance and how it has become a major marketing tool, consider these key statistics from “29 Big Video Marketing Statistics for Media Brands,” published by ReelSEO.com
- In the United States, YouTube reaches more 18- to 49-year-olds than any broadcast or cable TV network through mobile devices alone.
- During prime time in the U.S., more 18- to 49-year-olds tune in to YouTube than the top 10 TV shows combined.
- In 2016, more video content will be uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years combined.
- It’s estimated that mobile video will account for 75 percent of total mobile data traffic by 2020.
- Users are watching 100 million hours of video on Facebook every day.
- 55 percent of people in the U.S. watch videos every day.
- Google Preferred, YouTube’s premium content offering, reaches more people in the U.S. on mobile devices than all full-episode players, like Hulu or Netflix, combined.
- The average Internet user spends more than 16 minutes watching online video ads every month.
- The average click-through rate of video ads is 1.84 percent higher than any other digital format.
- Web visitors who watch a video stay on a website an extra two minutes and are 64% more likely to purchase a product or service.
Obviously, there is a huge difference between video marketing and other types of marketing. Video entices, exemplifies and impacts greater than any other form of marketing and advertising. It is effective and cost-efficient. If done properly, it’ll allow you to reach new heights for your business.